Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications

An introduction to computer vision algorithms and applications. Emphasizes on basic techniques that work under real-world conditions.

Publication date: 26 Nov 2008

ISBN-10: 1848829345

ISBN-13: 9781848829343

Paperback: 634 pages

Views: 33,349

Type: N/A

Publisher: Springer-Verlag GmbH

License: n/a

Post time: 22 Dec 2008 06:27:57

Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications An introduction to computer vision algorithms and applications. Emphasizes on basic techniques that work under real-world conditions.
Tag(s): Computer Vision
Publication date: 26 Nov 2008
ISBN-10: 1848829345
ISBN-13: 9781848829343
Paperback: 634 pages
Views: 33,349
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: Springer-Verlag GmbH
License: n/a
Post time: 22 Dec 2008 06:27:57
Excerpts from The Preface:
Richard Szeliski wrote:This book also reflect my twenty years' experience doing computer vision research in corporate research labs, mostly at Digital Equipment Corporation's Cambridge Research Lab and at Microsoft Research. In pursuing my work, I have mostly focused on problems and solution techniques (algorithms) that have practical real-world applications and that work well in practice. Thus, this book has more emphasis on basic techniques that work under real-world conditions, and less on more esoteric mathematics that has intrinsic elegance but less practical applicability.

This book is suitable for teaching a senior-level undergraduate course in computer vision to students in both computer science and electrical engineering. I prefer students that have either an image processing or a computer graphics course as a prerequisite so that they can spend less time learning general background mathematics and more time studying computer vision techniques. The book is also suitable for teaching graduate-level courses in computer vision (by delving into the more demanding application and algorithmic areas), and as a general reference to fundamental techniques and recent research literature. To this end, I have attempted wherever possible to at least cite the newest research in each sub-field, even if the technical details are too complex to cover in the book itself.

About The Author(s)

Director and a founding member of the Computational Photography group at Facebook. Also has an Affiliate Professor appointment at the University of Washington. Research areas include computer vision and computer graphics.

Richard Szeliski

Director and a founding member of the Computational Photography group at Facebook. Also has an Affiliate Professor appointment at the University of Washington. Research areas include computer vision and computer graphics.

Book Categories
Sponsors