How to be a Programmer: Community Version

This essay attempts to summarize what good programmer must do to make a software system that succeeds for both the customer and myriad colleagues for whom he is partially responsible.

Publication date: 01 Jan 2016

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 104 pages

Views: 8,842

Type: N/A

Publisher: n/a

License: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Post time: 05 Apr 2016 12:00:00

How to be a Programmer: Community Version This essay attempts to summarize what good programmer must do to make a software system that succeeds for both the customer and myriad colleagues for whom he is partially responsible.
Tag(s): Introduction to Computer Programming
Publication date: 01 Jan 2016
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 104 pages
Views: 8,842
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: n/a
License: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Post time: 05 Apr 2016 12:00:00
Summary/Excerpts of (and not a substitute for) the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Click here to read the full license.
From the Introduction:
Robert L. Read wrote:To be a good programmer is difficult and noble. The hardest part of making real a collective vision of a software project is dealing with one's coworkers and customers. Writing computer programs is important and takes great intelligence and skill. But it is really child's play compared to everything else that a good programmer must do to make a software system that succeeds for both the customer and myriad colleagues for whom she is partially responsible. In this essay I attempt to summarize as concisely as possible those things that I wish someone had explained to me when I was twenty-one.

This is very subjective and, therefore, this essay is doomed to be personal and somewhat opinionated. I confine myself to problems that a programmer is very likely to have to face in her work. Many of these problems and their solutions are so general to the human condition that I will probably seem preachy. I hope in spite of this that this essay will be useful.

About The Author(s)

Lots of authors (usually more than 10 people) which I didn't bother to research and write their short profiles one by one. Sorry.

Contributing Authors

Lots of authors (usually more than 10 people) which I didn't bother to research and write their short profiles one by one. Sorry.

No information is available for this author.

Robert L. Read

No information is available for this author.

Book Categories
Sponsors