.NET Book Zero: What the C or C++ Programmer Needs to Know about C# and the .NET Framework

.NET Book Zero: What the C or C++ Programmer Needs to Know about C# and the .NET Framework

An introduction to C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework for programmers who have experience with C or C++.

Publication date: 01 Jan 2007

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 267 pages

Views: 9,924

Type: Book

Publisher: n/a

License: n/a

Post time: 05 Aug 2016 10:40:00

.NET Book Zero: What the C or C++ Programmer Needs to Know about C# and the .NET Framework An introduction to C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework for programmers who have experience with C or C++.
Tag(s): Microsoft .NET
Publication date: 01 Jan 2007
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 267 pages
Views: 9,924
Document Type: Book
Publisher: n/a
License: n/a
Post time: 05 Aug 2016 10:40:00
From the Preface:
Charles Petzold wrote:C# is a modern type-safe and object-oriented programming language based on the syntax of C and (to a certain extent) C++ and Java. Even if you‘re an experienced C++ programmer, you might be in for a few surprises. You may think you know the difference between a class and a struct, for example, but the difference between a class and a struct in C# is completely different from C++. (That difference is actually one of the lamest features of C++ and one of the most profound features of C#.) For that reason and others, I approach object-oriented programming concepts in this book almost as if you‘re learning about them for the very first time. 

However, I do expect you to have some programming experience with a C-family language. If you‘re learning C# as a first programming language, you might be better off with a slower, gentler introduction, such as my book Programming in the Key of C#: A Primer for Aspiring Programmers (Microsoft Press, 2003).

About The Author(s)

No information is available for this author.

Charles Petzold

No information is available for this author.

Book Categories
Sponsors