The Rook's Guide to C++

The Rook's Guide to C++

This Creative Commons-licensed textbook written by Norwich University students and faculty aims to provide an introduction to the C++ programming language.

Tag(s): C / C++

Publication date: 13 Dec 2013

ISBN-10: 1304661059

ISBN-13: 9781304661050

Paperback: 160 pages

Views: 7,313

Type: N/A

Publisher: Lulu.com

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

Post time: 27 Jun 2016 04:00:00

The Rook's Guide to C++

The Rook's Guide to C++ This Creative Commons-licensed textbook written by Norwich University students and faculty aims to provide an introduction to the C++ programming language.
Tag(s): C / C++
Publication date: 13 Dec 2013
ISBN-10: 1304661059
ISBN-13: 9781304661050
Paperback: 160 pages
Views: 7,313
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: Lulu.com
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
Post time: 27 Jun 2016 04:00:00
Summary/Excerpts of (and not a substitute for) the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Click here to read the full license.
From the Preface:
Jeremy Hansen wrote:What you are reading is the first of what I hope to be many ever improving iterations of a useful C++ textbook. We’ve gone fairly quickly from whim to print on an all-volunteer basis, and as a result, there are many things that I’d add and change if I had an infinite amount of time in my schedule. The vast majority of the contents were written in less than 36 hours by 25 students (mostly freshmen!) at Norwich University over a long weekend. Some of it is mine, and some was added by our crack team of technical editors as we translated sleep-deprived poor grammar into sleep-deprived better grammar.

More information is available at the book's website.

There is also an article about the work of the team and the Kickstarter campaign for this book that manages to earn them some $5000.

About The Author(s)

Prof. Hansen is an assistant professor of computer science at Norwich University, where he focuses on computer and network security. Previous to his employment at Norwich, he spent 10 years in the information technology industry, largely in IT security. Some of his recent and ongoing research topics include privacy in social networking, security of medical devices, and the use of the Internet for democracy. He lives with his wife and two young children in Berlin, VT.

Jeremy Hansen

Prof. Hansen is an assistant professor of computer science at Norwich University, where he focuses on computer and network security. Previous to his employment at Norwich, he spent 10 years in the information technology industry, largely in IT security. Some of his recent and ongoing research topics include privacy in social networking, security of medical devices, and the use of the Internet for democracy. He lives with his wife and two young children in Berlin, VT.

Book Categories
Sponsors