FreeTechBooks.com Homepage
FreeTechBooks.com
Free Online Computer Science and Programming Books, Textbooks, and Lecture Notes

Trigger Happy: Videogames and the Entertainment Revolution
Trigger Happy: Videogames and the Entertainment Revolution

Author : Steven Poole
ISBN : 1559705981
Pages : 304
Publisher : Arcade Publishing
Publication Date : September 2004
License : Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0

Excerpts from the Book Description:

The Edge calls Trigger Happy a "seminal piece of work." For the first time ever, an aficionado with a knowledge of art, culture, and a real love of gaming takes a critical look at the future of our videogames, and compares their aesthetic and economic impact on society to that of film. Thirty years after the invention of the simplest of games, more videogames are played by adults than children. This revolutionary book is the first-ever academically worthy and deeply engaging critique of one of today's most popular forms of play: videogames are on track to supersede movies as the most innovative form of entertainment in the new century.

Reviews:

Amazon.com

Smile "Trigger Happy succeeds because Poole examines games in much greater depth than any of his contemporaries. He looks at how games are made. He examines game players -- from a cross cultural perspective, and then he looks at the games themselves, applying literary, philosophical, and semiotic analysis to games."

Smile "If you love games like I do - I've been playing 'em all my life, and developing 'em for 6 years - you *need* to read this book. I've never read such a fascinating angle on gameplaying, situating video games in an illuminating context among art, cinema and books, and doing some really excellent thinking about how they work on your mind. This book was like a breath of fresh air to me."

Arrow View/Download Trigger Happy: Videogames and the Entertainment Revolution
Has anyone on here read this book? Palazzo Las Vegas Vdara Las Vegas Vegas Downtown Hotels Vegas Luxury Hotels

I am interested and want to hear some opinions.

Thanks,

-Jim
jimm1909 wrote:
Has anyone on here read this book? Palazzo Las Vegas Vdara Las Vegas Vegas Downtown Hotels Vegas Luxury Hotels

I am interested and want to hear some opinions.

Thanks,

-Jim

It is definitely worth the read. This is the future man!

Reply to topic