Terms and Conditions:
OSS Nokalva, Inc. wrote:In order to download the free ASN.1 books that OSS provides, please complete the following registration form.
ASN.1 Communication Between Heterogeneous Systems
is a book written for novices and experienced ASN.1
users alike. Inside, readers will find all the introduction they need to begin mastering ASN.1, followed by a detailed User's Guide and Reference Manual. Organized in order of increasing difficulty, this section teaches the readers ASN.1 syntax and semantics and the techniques they need to know to use the notation-whether to specify a new protocol or to apply an existing ASN.1 protocol in a new application.
More experienced users can move directly to complete coverage of ASN.1 encoding rules and transfer syntaxes. Additional advanced material focuses on questions/issues that commonly arise when implementing ASN.1 applications, ranging from automatic treatments of specifications to editing tools.
- Offers ASN.1 newcomers an introduction to data communications, the role of this dominant notation, and all its key concepts and application domains.
- Provides a graduated, step-by-step instruction focused on using ASN.1 syntax and semantics in real-world protocol specifications.
- Introduces and explains the four standardized sets of encoding rules associated with ASN.1.
- Gives experienced users the advanced coverage required to solve special problems arising in specific ASN.1 applications.
- Discusses ASN.1 in the context of other formal languages (including SDL, TTCN, and GDMO) and compares it to other abstract syntax notations.
- Organized around detailed examples developed to ensure readers' complete understanding.
:) "I read it in May (in pdf format) and found it easy to understand as a newcomer to ASN.1. I have since re-read it, working my way up from ASN.1 cluelessness, and have found this book an invaluable help at each step of ASN.1 education."
:) "The numerous Figures and Tables throughout the book make a difficult subject much easier to understand. Anyone who needs or wants to know more about ASN.1 should read this book."