J2ME and Gaming

J2ME and Gaming

Teaches programming with J2ME on wireless devices with focus on developing games.

Publication date:

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: n/a

Views: 36,957

Type: N/A

Publisher: n/a

License: GNU General Public License

Post time: 19 Mar 2005 09:35:17

J2ME and Gaming

J2ME and Gaming Teaches programming with J2ME on wireless devices with focus on developing games.
Tag(s): Game Development and Multimedia
Publication date:
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: n/a
Views: 36,957
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: n/a
License: GNU General Public License
Post time: 19 Mar 2005 09:35:17
Book excerpts:

This book is about programming with J2ME on wireless devices with focus on developing games. It is assumed you have some knowledge and programming experience with J2ME and J2SE. The book does not go into detail on topics like how to make high level GUI menu but does demonstrate what a game menu might look like. Nor will it explain in detail how to use the Record Management System (RMS), but will go over topics that use RMS such as high score and game settings. As well a knowledge and experience with threading will be an asset before proceeding with game development. However, the book will go over in detail the new game classes that are now include in the MIDP 2.0.

The book also serves as quick reference for Java programmers who are interested in game mobile game development. The intent of this book is to provide good introduction for experience game developers who developed games in other languages and platforms and now are interested in using J2ME to develop games.

The first section (Chapter 1 to Chapter 5) will briefly introduce to you:
- What the mobile gaming industry is about
- What tools are available for you to get started in developing your own mobile game
- Constraints you will face in developing mobile games
- Game Design and Development Process considerations

Afterwards the remaining chapters will walk you through a basic game tutorial, albeit the game itself isn?t ground breaking, it does serve the purpose of introducing what makes up a game and more specifically a mobile game using J2ME. As well aside from the game itself it goes through several other important areas of mobile development such as the interface design of a game menu.

About The Author(s)

No information is available for this author.

Jason Lam

No information is available for this author.

Book Categories
Sponsors