A Practical Introduction to Python Programming

An introductory programming text for students with no prior programming experience.

Publication date: 01 Dec 2012

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 263 pages

Views: 20,629

Type: Book

Publisher: n/a

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

Post time: 02 Jul 2021 01:00:00

A Practical Introduction to Python Programming An introductory programming text for students with no prior programming experience.
Tag(s): Introduction to Computer Programming Python
Publication date: 01 Dec 2012
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 263 pages
Views: 20,629
Document Type: Book
Publisher: n/a
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
Post time: 02 Jul 2021 01:00:00
Summary/Excerpts of (and not a substitute for) the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Click here to read the full license.
Excerpts from the Preface:
Brian Heinold wrote:This book started out as about 30 pages of notes for students in my introductory programming class at Mount St. Mary’s University. Most of these students have no prior programming experience, and that has affected my approach. I leave out a lot of technical details and sometimes I oversimplify things. Some of these details are filled in later in the book, though other details are never filled in. But this book is not designed to cover everything, and I recommend reading other books and the Python documentation to fill in the gaps.

The style of programming in this book is geared towards the kinds of programming things I like to do—short programs, often of a mathematical nature, small utilities to make my life easier, and small computer games. In fact, the things I cover in the book are the things that I have found most useful or interesting in my programming experience, and this book serves partly to document those things for myself. This book is not designed as a thorough preparation for a career in software engineering. Interested readers should progress from this book to a book that has more on computer science and the design and organization of large programs.

About The Author(s)

Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Mount Saint Mary's University.

Brian  Heinold

Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Mount Saint Mary's University.

Book Categories
Sponsors