Excerpts from the Book Description:
Digital signal transforms are of a fundamental value in digital signal and image processing. Their role is manifold. Transforms selected appropriately enable substantial compressing signals and images for storage and transmission. No signal recovery, image reconstruction and restoration task can be efficiently solved without using digital signal transforms. Transforms are successfully used for logic design and digital data encryption. Fast transforms are the main tools for acceleration of computations in digital signal and image processing.
The volume collects in one book most recent developments in the theory and practice of the design and usage of transforms in digital signal and image processing. It emerged from the series of reports published by Tampere International Centre for Signal Processing
, Tampere University of Technology
. For the volume, all contributions are appropriately updated to represent the state of the art in the field and to cover the most recent developments in different aspects of the theory and applications of transforms.
The book consists of two parts that represent two major directions in the field: development of new transforms and development of transform based signal and image processing algorithms. The first part contains four chapters devoted to recent advances in transforms for image compression and switching and logic design and to new fast transforms for digital holography and tomography. In the second part, advanced transform based signal and image algorithms are considered: signal and image local adaptive restoration methods and two complementing families of signal and image re-sampling algorithms, fast transform based discrete sinc-interpolation and spline theory based ones.
Topics and Features:
* The subject of the book is of a fundamental importance in digital signal and image processing.
* A variety of signal and image processing tasks is considered and treated on the common methodological base of transform domain processing.
* Theoretical results are strongly application oriented.
Benefits for potential reader:
* Graduate and PhD students will find in one book most recent developments in the theory and practice of the design and usage of transforms in digital signal and image processing.
* Educators in electrical engineering and computer science can use the book to enrich their courses.
* Practical processing algorithms described in the book can be directly used by engineers, PhD and graduate students in their research.