Terms and Conditions:
Christian Holm wrote:As Wrox Press is no more, publishing rights to the book 'Dissecting a C# Application: Inside SharpDevelop' have been bought by APress. Together with APress, we have made the book available in digital form for free.
This book teaches advanced .NET programming
techniques by getting an insiders' look at a complete application, SharpDevelop
is a complete Integrated Development Environment, written in C#. It includes all the advanced features that programmers expect from a modern IDE and implementing these features has required some advanced programming techniques.
The developers who created SharpDevelop gives an inside track on application development with a guided tour of the source code for SharpDevelop. They will show the most important code features and explain how readers can use these techniques in their own projects. Readers should gain valuable experience of building an application on this scale, learning from the decisions, mistakes, problems and solutions that lead to the current version on SharpDevelop.
The SharpDevelop team will show the readers how to:
* build a highly modular application
* provide a flexible, extendable, customizable user interface
* manage the efforts of translators for efficient internationalization
* represent and manipulate text efficiently
* code search and replace functionality
* construct reusable controls
* implement a parser to provide syntax highlighting and auto-completion as users type
* use reflection to access information about .NET classes
* create a Windows Forms designer and
* generate code programmatically
This book assumes a sound knowledge of .NET Framework fundamentals
and a good understanding of the C# Language
:) "This book is full of excellent practical advice about architecture, design, project management and coding style."
:( "Yes, the book description doesn't say anything about design, but they need to show much more design work to make this book useful to the reader taking his first look at the SharpDevelop code base."
:? "This book had the potential to be so much more, but it just comes up a bit short. It feels at times like the authors were rushing through it, when they could have stopped and explained things better."
:( "This book isn't big enough to cover the full dissection of the SharpDevelop application. As a result, the code snippets are confusing."