Game Theory: An Open Access Textbook

An introduction to game theory. Accessible to anybody with minimum knowledge of mathematics and no prior knowledge of game theory, yet it is also rigorous and includes several proofs.

Tag(s): Game Theory

Publication date: 31 Dec 2015

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 585 pages

Views: 10,895

Type: Textbook

Publisher: n/a

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International

Post time: 23 Nov 2016 01:00:00

Game Theory: An Open Access Textbook An introduction to game theory. Accessible to anybody with minimum knowledge of mathematics and no prior knowledge of game theory, yet it is also rigorous and includes several proofs.
Tag(s): Game Theory
Publication date: 31 Dec 2015
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 585 pages
Views: 10,895
Document Type: Textbook
Publisher: n/a
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Post time: 23 Nov 2016 01:00:00
Summary/Excerpts of (and not a substitute for) the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Click here to read the full license.
From the Preface:
Giacomo Bonanno wrote:After teaching game theory (at both the undergraduate and graduate level) at the University of California, Davis for 25 years, I decided to organize all my teaching material in a textbook. There are many excellent textbooks in game theory and there is hardly any need for a new one. However, there are two distinguishing features of this textbook: (1) it is open access and thus free, 1 and (2) it contains an unusually large number of exercises (a total of 165) with complete and detailed answers. 

I tried to write the book in such a way that it would be accessible to anybody with minimum knowledge of mathematics (high-school level algebra and some elementary notions of probability) and no prior knowledge of game theory. However, the book is intended to be rigorous and it includes several proofs. I believe it is appropriate for an advanced undergraduate class in game theory and also for a first-year graduate-level class.

More Resources:

About The Author(s)

Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of California. His research interests are Game Theory, Industrial Organization, Economics and Philosophy, and Modal (Epistemic, Temporal) Logic.

Giacomo Bonanno

Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of California. His research interests are Game Theory, Industrial Organization, Economics and Philosophy, and Modal (Epistemic, Temporal) Logic.

Book Categories
Sponsors