How to Become a Programmer: Everything (Non-Technical) You Need to Know to Start Making Money Writing Code

How to Become a Programmer: Everything (Non-Technical) You Need to Know to Start Making Money Writing Code

A collection of advice on the what, why, and how of becoming a programmer based on author's 16 years of professional software development.

Publication date: 20 Mar 2007

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 33 pages

Views: 11,313

Type: Book

Publisher: n/a

License: n/a

Post time: 13 Apr 2016 12:01:07

How to Become a Programmer: Everything (Non-Technical) You Need to Know to Start Making Money Writing Code A collection of advice on the what, why, and how of becoming a programmer based on author's 16 years of professional software development.
Tag(s): Introduction to Computer Programming
Publication date: 20 Mar 2007
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 33 pages
Views: 11,313
Document Type: Book
Publisher: n/a
License: n/a
Post time: 13 Apr 2016 12:01:07
From the Introduction"
Rob Walling wrote:In early 2007 I put my thoughts down in abbreviated form in the post Advice on How to Become a Programmer, but judging by the number of new questions I continue to receive (all of which are answered in this book), it’s obvious this subject deserves a more in-depth look than a blog post can deliver.

Everything contained in this book is based on 10 years of professional software development. I've been a salaried developer, a freelance developer, a consultant, a development manager, owner of a consulting firm, owner of a small shrink-wrapped software company (a.k.a. a MicroISV), and a technical author. I’ve written software that has never seen the light of day, and software that processes millions of transactions per day.

About The Author(s)

Rob Walling is a professional web applications developer. He made the leap from consulting to software products circa 2008. He lives and works in Fresno, California.

Rob Walling

Rob Walling is a professional web applications developer. He made the leap from consulting to software products circa 2008. He lives and works in Fresno, California.

Book Categories
Sponsors