Introduction to Calculus I and II

This book provides an introduction to calculus in its many forms and presents numerous examples to show how calculus can be extended to other mathematical areas.

Tag(s): Mathematics

Publication date: 01 Sep 2012

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 1198 pages

Views: 10,118

Type: N/A

Publisher: n/a

License: n/a

Post time: 24 Apr 2016 12:00:00

Introduction to Calculus I and II This book provides an introduction to calculus in its many forms and presents numerous examples to show how calculus can be extended to other mathematical areas.
Tag(s): Mathematics
Publication date: 01 Sep 2012
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 1198 pages
Views: 10,118
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: n/a
License: n/a
Post time: 24 Apr 2016 12:00:00
From the Preface:
J.H. Heinbockel wrote:These are the first and second volume of an introductory calculus presentation intended for future scientists and engineers. Volume I contains five chapters emphasizing fundamental concepts from calculus and analytic geometry and the application of these concepts to selected areas of science and engineering. Volume II contains chapters six through twelve.

If you are a beginner in calculus, then be sure that you have had the appropriate background material of algebra and trigonometry. If you don’t understand something then don’t be afraid to ask your instructor a question. Go to the library and check out some other calculus books to get a presentation of the subject from a different perspective. The internet is a place where one can find numerous help aids for calculus. Also on the internet one can find many illustrations of the applications of calculus. These additional study aids will show you that there are multiple approaches to various calculus subjects and should help you with the development of your analytical and reasoning skills.

About The Author(s)

J.H Heinbockel is Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Old Dominion University.

J. H. Heinbockel

J.H Heinbockel is Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Old Dominion University.

Book Categories
Sponsors