Algorithms, Etc.

Algorithms, Etc.

Lecture notes for various algorithms classes at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Publication date: 31 Jan 2015

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: n/a

Views: 31,911

Type: N/A

Publisher: n/a

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Post time: 12 May 2007 09:53:17

Algorithms, Etc.

Algorithms, Etc. Lecture notes for various algorithms classes at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Tag(s): Algorithms and Data Structures
Publication date: 31 Jan 2015
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: n/a
Views: 31,911
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: n/a
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Post time: 12 May 2007 09:53:17
Summary/Excerpts of (and not a substitute for) the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Click here to read the full license.
From the Cover:
Jeff Erickson wrote:These are lecture notes that I wrote for various algorithms classes at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which I have taught on average once a year since January 1999. The most recent revision of these notes (or nearly so) is available online at http: //www.cs.illinois.edu/~jeffe/teaching/algorithms/, along with a near-complete archive of all my past homeworks and exams. Whenever I teach an algorithms class, I revise, update, and sometimes cull these notes as the course progresses, so you may find more recent versions on the web page of whatever course I am currently teaching. 

With few exceptions, each of these "lecture notes" contains far too much material to cover in a single lecture. In a typical 75-minute class period, I cover about 4 or 5 pages of material—a bit more if I’m teaching graduate students than undergraduates. Moreover, I can only cover at most two-thirds of these notes in any capacity in a single 15-week semester. Your mileage may vary! (Arguably, that means that as I continue to add material, the label "lecture notes" becomes less and less accurate.) I teach algorithms at multiple leaves; different courses cover different but overlapping subsets of this material. The ordering of the notes is mostly consistent with my lower-level classes, with more advanced material (indicated by * stars) inserted near the more basic material it builds on. The actual material doesn’t permit a strict linear ordering, but I’ve tried to keep forward references to a minimum

About The Author(s)

Jeff Erickson is a Professor and Associate Department Head in the Department of Computer Science at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His research focuses on computational topology, with an emphasis on algorithmic questions involving graphs embedded on surfaces.

Jeff Erickson

Jeff Erickson is a Professor and Associate Department Head in the Department of Computer Science at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His research focuses on computational topology, with an emphasis on algorithmic questions involving graphs embedded on surfaces.

Book Categories
Sponsors