Linear Algebra I, 4th Edition

This book is an attempt to make the subject of linear algebra as understandable as possible, for a first time student of the subject.

Publication date: 01 Feb 2016

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 213 pages

Views: 9,324

Type: Textbook

Publisher: n/a

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

Post time: 28 Feb 2021 01:00:00

Linear Algebra I, 4th Edition This book is an attempt to make the subject of linear algebra as understandable as possible, for a first time student of the subject.
Tag(s): Linear Algebra
Publication date: 01 Feb 2016
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 213 pages
Views: 9,324
Document Type: Textbook
Publisher: n/a
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
Post time: 28 Feb 2021 01:00:00
Summary/Excerpts of (and not a substitute for) the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Click here to read the full license.
From the Introduction:

Gregg Waterman wrote:
This book is an attempt to make the subject of linear algebra as understandable as possible, for a first time student of the subject. I developed the book from a set of notes used to supplement a standard textbook used when I taught the course in the past. At the end of the term I surveyed the students in the class, and the vast majority of them thought that the supplemental notes that I had provided would have been an adequate resource for them to learn the subject. Encouraged by this, I put further work in to correcting errors, adding examples and including material that I had left to the textbook previously. Here is the result, in its fourth edition. 

You should look at the table of contents and page through the book a bit at first to see how it is organized. Note in particular that each section begins with statements of the performance criteria addressed in that section. Performance criteria are the specific things that you will be expected to do in order to demonstrate your skills and your understanding of concepts. Within each section you will find examples relating to those performance criteria, and at the end of each chapter are exercises for you to practice your skills and test your understanding.

About The Author(s)

Professor in the Mathematics department at Oregon Institute of Technology.

Gregg Waterman

Professor in the Mathematics department at Oregon Institute of Technology.

Book Categories
Sponsors