Machine Learning Yearning

This book will help you or your team making rapid progress while working on a machine learning application.

Publication date: 01 Jan 2018

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 118 pages

Views: 9,520

Type: Book

Publisher: n/a

License: n/a

Post time: 23 Feb 2021 01:00:00

Machine Learning Yearning This book will help you or your team making rapid progress while working on a machine learning application.
Tag(s): Machine Learning
Publication date: 01 Jan 2018
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 118 pages
Views: 9,520
Document Type: Book
Publisher: n/a
License: n/a
Post time: 23 Feb 2021 01:00:00
From the Introduction:
Andrew Ng wrote:Machine learning is the foundation of countless important applications, including web search, email anti-spam, speech recognition, product recommendations, and more. I assume that you or your team is working on a machine learning application, and that you want to make rapid progress. This book will help you do so.

Andrew Ng wrote:After finishing this book, you will have a deep understanding of how to set technical direction for a machine learning project. But your teammates might not understand why you’re recommending a particular direction. Perhaps you want your team to define a single-number evaluation metric, but they aren’t convinced. How do you persuade them? That’s why I made the chapters short: So that you can print them out and get your teammates to read just the 1-2 pages you need them to know. A few changes in prioritization can have a huge effect on your team’s productivity. By helping your team with a few such changes, I hope that you can become the superhero of your team!

About The Author(s)

Andrew Y. Ng is a co-founder of Coursera, associate professor at Stanford University’s Computer Science and EE departments, Baidu’s Chief Scientist and a former head of Google Brain.

Ng Andrew

Andrew Y. Ng is a co-founder of Coursera, associate professor at Stanford University’s Computer Science and EE departments, Baidu’s Chief Scientist and a former head of Google Brain.

Book Categories
Sponsors