Multivariable Advanced Calculus

This book develops multivariable advanced calculus. It is directed to people who have a good understanding of the concepts of one variable calculus including the notions of limit of a sequence and completeness of R.

Tag(s): Mathematics

Publication date: 07 Feb 2016

ISBN-10: n/a

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 450 pages

Views: 13,596

Type: N/A

Publisher: n/a

License: n/a

Post time: 12 Apr 2008 10:15:27

Multivariable Advanced Calculus This book develops multivariable advanced calculus. It is directed to people who have a good understanding of the concepts of one variable calculus including the notions of limit of a sequence and completeness of R.
Tag(s): Mathematics
Publication date: 07 Feb 2016
ISBN-10: n/a
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 450 pages
Views: 13,596
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: n/a
License: n/a
Post time: 12 Apr 2008 10:15:27
Excerpts from the Introduction:
Kenneth Kuttler wrote:This book is directed to people who have a good understanding of the concepts of one variable calculus including the notions of limit of a sequence and completeness of R. It develops multivariable advanced calculus.

In order to do multivariable calculus correctly, you must first understand some linear algebra. Therefore, a condensed course in linear algebra is presented first, emphasizing those topics in linear algebra which are useful in analysis, not those topics which are primarily dependent on row operations.

Many topics could be presented in greater generality than I have chosen to do. I have also attempted to feature calculus, not topology. This means I introduce the topology as it is needed rather than using the possibly more efficient practice of placing it right at the beginning in more generality than will be needed. I think it might make the topological concepts more memorable by linking them in this way to other concepts.

About The Author(s)

Kenneth Kuttler is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Brigham Young University. His primary area of research is Partial Differential Equations and Inclusions.  He works on abstract methods for determining whether problems of this sort are well posed. Lately, he has been working on the mathematical theory of problems from contact mechanics including friction, wear, and damage. He has also been studying extensions to stochastic equations and inclusions. 

Kenneth Kuttler

Kenneth Kuttler is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Brigham Young University. His primary area of research is Partial Differential Equations and Inclusions.  He works on abstract methods for determining whether problems of this sort are well posed. Lately, he has been working on the mathematical theory of problems from contact mechanics including friction, wear, and damage. He has also been studying extensions to stochastic equations and inclusions. 

Book Categories
Sponsors