SQL Server 2000 High Availability

Helps you plan and deploy a highly available data center that uses Microsoft SQL Server 2000 through proper procedures that increase availability, catastrophic disasters recovery, downtime prevention and minimization.

Publication date: 01 Jul 2003

ISBN-10: 0735619204

ISBN-13: 0735619204

Paperback: 736 pages

Views: 18,838

Type: Book

Publisher: Microsoft Press Books

License: n/a

Post time: 29 Mar 2007 02:35:22

SQL Server 2000 High Availability Helps you plan and deploy a highly available data center that uses Microsoft SQL Server 2000 through proper procedures that increase availability, catastrophic disasters recovery, downtime prevention and minimization.
Tag(s): Relational Database System Administration
Publication date: 01 Jul 2003
ISBN-10: 0735619204
ISBN-13: 0735619204
Paperback: 736 pages
Views: 18,838
Document Type: Book
Publisher: Microsoft Press Books
License: n/a
Post time: 29 Mar 2007 02:35:22
From the Introduction:

The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 High Availability Series helps you plan and deploy a highly available data center that uses Microsoft SQL Server 2000 through proper procedures that increase availability, backups help recover from catastrophic disasters, redundant components prevent downtime, and redundant servers minimize downtime.

This series consists of a Planning Guide and a Solution Guide. The Planning Guide helps you design a data center to achieve the level of availability needed for the business environment. The Solution Guide helps you implement selected server redundancy solutions to minimize unavailability caused by server failures and planned downtime.

Intended Audience:

The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 High Availability Series is designed for business decision makers, Microsoft Certified Solution Providers, Microsoft Consulting Services, IT professionals, and developers responsible for application or infrastructure development and deployment.

Prerequisites:

This series assumes you have a basic understanding of the following areas of SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system:

- Windows 2000 Active Directory service and DNS
- Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS)
- Database design for online transaction processing (OLTP) and online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Application design for databases
- SQL Server operational procedures
- SQL Server backup and restore procedures
- SQL Server security model
- Redundant Array of Independent Drives (RAID)
- Storage Area Networks (SANs)
- Network Load Balancing (NLB)

Reviews:

Amazon.com

:| "I'm giving the book four stars. It skimmed over some things it should of covered (like performance, operations, qa testing, handling heterogenous systems, and some other stuff) and it should be a series of books, not just one huge one."

:| "I guess the final word is that this is a decent book that you might want to get if SQL SERVER high availability is something you need to know about. Just don't expect a great book."

:| "I just got this one and I found that while it has some good points its not really all I had hoped."

About The Author(s)

No information is available for this author.

Cathan Cook

Allan Hirt

Frank McBath

Kimberly L. Tripp

Book Categories
Sponsors