Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference

A compact yet comprehensive guide to everyday Ubuntu use. Written for anybody switching to Ubuntu, particularly former Windows users, and assumes zero Linux knowledge.

Tag(s): GNU/Linux

Publication date: 01 Jan 2009

ISBN-10: 1440478295

ISBN-13: n/a

Paperback: 166 pages

Views: 19,725

Type: N/A

Publisher: MacFreda Publishing

License: n/a

Post time: 14 Nov 2009 06:55:33

Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference A compact yet comprehensive guide to everyday Ubuntu use. Written for anybody switching to Ubuntu, particularly former Windows users, and assumes zero Linux knowledge.
Tag(s): GNU/Linux
Publication date: 01 Jan 2009
ISBN-10: 1440478295
ISBN-13: n/a
Paperback: 166 pages
Views: 19,725
Document Type: N/A
Publisher: MacFreda Publishing
License: n/a
Post time: 14 Nov 2009 06:55:33
About the Book:

Keir Thomas wrote:At just 5.25 x 8 inches and 166 pages, Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is a compact yet comprehensive guide to everyday Ubuntu use.

It's ideal for those who need vital information on all aspects of using Ubuntu, but who don’t have time to wade through thick documentation.

Each chapter of Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference tackles an aspect of Ubuntu.

First, you learn about installation—getting Ubuntu onto your computer—after which you learn how to configure your computer's hardware.

Following this, you’re introduced to the Ubuntu desktop, and the tricks and techniques of efficient day-to-day usage. The book then describes the highways of the Ubuntu filesystem, and gives a full run-down of Ubuntu’s file manager.

Next, the command-line is tackled in-depth, after which software management is explained. Finally, system security is described—configuring the firewall, installing antivirus, and encrypting sensitive data. Appendixes provide a glossary of terms, and a guide to understanding technical documentation.

Written for anybody switching to Ubuntu, particularly former Windows users, Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference assumes zero Linux knowledge. It provides the wisdom of the expert user and concisely conveys core competencies.

Reviews:

Amazon.com

:) "This book is probably the most helpful book on Ubuntu I have read. It feature's up-to-date information, and most of all it's also available FREE on pdf format online. It really features EVERYTHING you need to know on Ubuntu for the beginner and for more experienced user. I consider myself an experienced user and I learned plenty from this book. I highly recommend it for the newcomer to Ubuntu and the more experienced user."

:) "This book gives a great introduction to Ubuntu Linux, one that is clear, easy to read, and filled with useful information for the newcomer along with many tips useful to more intermediate and advanced users."

About The Author(s)

No information is available for this author.

Keir Thomas

No information is available for this author.

Book Categories
Sponsors